Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 19.

Today, I want to share with y'all a photo from a trip that I took to Europe when I was in high school.
In part, I credit this trip for developing in me a love for photography.
The first camera I ever owned was given to me as a gift to take on this trip. 

This particular photo was taken in Rome at Piazza di Spagna, 
or as it's known in English the "Spanish Steps".

The piazza is a highly trafficked area of Rome and is anything but quiet.

But for me and my 17 year old self, there was something so peaceful about sitting on those steps in the midst of a bustling crowd of locals and tourists.
As I think back to that moment, it reminds me of a quote from The Great Gatsby,

"I like large parties, they're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."

I hope you guys enjoy this picture.
Give it some time. Look at it more than once.
Try to imagine yourself casually sitting on the tan steps, surrounded by the sounds of a moving crowd, honking horns, and rushing water. 
What would you look at? Who would you focus on? Would you feel alone? Or [like me] would you have a strange feeling of belonging?

Have a wonderful Monday,
-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment