Monday, May 7, 2012

.weekend round-up. festivals & fish

Now that the semester is over I am home for the summer, and it is wonderful.

Lately, I've done a lot of sleeping in, eating (lots of eating!), and enjoying the great outdoors. I am from a small town on the gulf coast and when summer comes around, everyone heads out to the water to fish, swim, play, and get a tan. Last week, my Mom and Dad and I headed out for an afternoon of fishing. We didn't catch much, but it was a blast nonetheless. There's nothing quite like being out on the water with good weather, good company, and tasty beverages. My Dad calls it "Saltwater Therapy."

Here's what I saw:


Sunday, my Mom and I headed to the neighboring town for a blueberry festival. It was a fun day filled with live music, wine tasting, antique-store browsing, and even some clam chowder. Ironically enough, looking through my photos you would have no idea that we were at a blueberry festival- there is not one berry to be found in all of my photographs. 

Here's what caught my eye instead:
A Pretty Ceiling in a Local Coffee Shop
Unique Roses
A majestic oak tree and large white pillars.
Jasmine grows everywhere in the South. It has the loveliest scent!
WINE!
Festival Food


What did you do this weekend?

Happy Summer!
-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment