Wednesday, October 17, 2012

.family dinner

One of the best parts of living near your family is being able to share meals together. And let me tell you my family takes advantage of as many opportunities as possible to have a good meal. 

My sister-in-law turned 32 yesterday, so my brother planned the most delicious dinner and invited us all over to celebrate. He grilled bourbon glazed rosemary pork loins and asparagus, smashed some potatoes, and mixed a salad. As we were sitting around the table eating the perfectly charred pork and sipping a smooth Malbec, I was reminded of how blessed I am to live within 1 mile of my siblings and get to share moments like that on a weekly basis (..and how much I am going to miss these moments after I graduate).

Here's what I saw:


Have a lovely Wednesday, my friends.
-Carolyn

5 comments:

  1. Would share the recipe for the pork loin glaze? It sounds delicious! Love the wine photo. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my brother's recipe. I can ask him for it though! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. That cake looks AMAZING!! Food glorious food? Homemade? I must know. Looks like yet another lovely Allen get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food Glorious Food- you know how we do. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, I wouldn't put it past one of the Allen ladies to bust out that master piece. #bakerswag

      Delete