Wednesday, December 5, 2012

.food photography. grapefruit tea cake

One of the best parts of living in Florida during the winter (besides the obvious, non-freezing weather) is the abundance of fresh citrus fruits- meyer lemons, blood oranges, ruby red grapefruits. They're everywhere- in the markets, in your neighbor's backyard- just waiting to be scooped up and squeezed into a cocktail or baked into a cake. 

I came across this recipe for Thomas Keller's Glazed Grapefruit Cake, and instantly knew how I would use the large bag of ruby reds that sat on my counter.

I know it sounds a little strange, but trust me this cake is a delicious treat and is equally as simple to make!

Here's what I saw:



Recipe found here, via Pinterest.

Have a  sweet Wednesday, my friends :)

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment