Thursday, December 20, 2012

.portland aerial tram

Friday morning Emily and I rode the Portland Aerial Tram. The tram is a mode of public transportation that primarily exists to transport people from one terminal of the OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) to another terminal, but alternatively provides some pretty killer views of the city. 

The Portland Aerial Tram bears a striking resemblance to the pods on the London Eye, but instead of traveling in a circle it travels in a "straight line". At 22 mph, it only takes 3 minutes to reach your destination - 3, 300 feet above where you boarded. I mean it's practically like a ride at Disney.

For $4 it's a pretty neat excursion while visiting Portland. I was a cheap date! :)

Here's what I saw one overcast Portland morning:







Have a merry Thursday, my friends!

Carolyn


Photo of me credit: Emily {plantbywater.blogspot.com}

1 comment:

  1. I love these so much. Great work. If, slash when we go back to Portland, we should make it a point to hang out at OHSU for a little longer. I think you know why. ;)

    ReplyDelete