Monday, December 31, 2012

.is Christmas really over?

"Do you ever wait for the longest day of the year and then miss it? 
I always wait for the longest day of the year and then miss it!" -The Great Gatsby

Sometimes I feel the same way about Christmas. I spend months in preparation- decking the halls, buying gifts, wrapping gifts, baking cookies, decorating cookies. All for Christmas morning to come and go almost as quick as the flash of a tiny twinkle light.

Today is New Years Eve. Tomorrow will be the first day of 2013. Yet I am still enchanted by Christmas.

So today, my friends, I am giving you one last chance to marvel at the the beauty of multi-colored lights strung around a giant evergreen. And to savor the joy of this wondrous season for a few more moments until it is lost in a sea of fireworks and resolutions.

Here's what I saw one rainy evening in downtown Portland, Oregon:






I hope y'all have a sparkling New Years Eve filled with good friends, good conversation, and lots of bubbly.
Carolyn

Photo of me credit: Emily www.plantbywater.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. The night my jacket zipper was broken while simultaneously taking the funniest christmas tree picture of all time.

    ohhhhh the memories :)

    ps. remember the asian man who took out picture? his camera stance was intense.

    ReplyDelete