Thursday, June 7, 2012

.behind the scenes

Lots of y'all have been asking me when the wedding photos will be up on the blog, and unfortunately it will be a couple weeks.. :(

Until then, I thought I'd share some behind the scenes photos from last weekend.

Emily, my brother, and his wife were all Instagramming photos of me like crazy! It was great. I felt so special, and almost like it was as big of a day for me as it was for the bride & groom.

Sorry about the quality of some of these.. the iPhone camera was not made for low lighting or to zoom.

At 5:00 we had a 20 minute break to rest up before the ceremony started. Emily and I sat (for the first time in 4 hours!) in the shade, caught up on Instagram/Twitter, and scarfed down a Lunabar and a banana.
During the ceremony I snuck around behind the groomsmen to get a better angle. It was so fun!

This last shot was at the very end of the reception. I've never before had such a feeling of relief as I did in that moment, as if I had been holding my breath all day long and could finally breathe out.

On the whole, the day went really smoothly- I did not run out of memory cards. My camera did not die. The bride's dress did not rip when I asked her to sit down on the ground.

But that's not to say that my nerves were not on edge from the time I arrived at 1pm until I walked down those stairs at 10:30 pm.

Hope y'all are enjoying your week!
-C.

1 comment: