Friday, March 16, 2012

.scenes from nassau + musings in decolorization


Warning! The following photos are without color.

"How dare she deprive me of some of the bluest waters in the world!" you might say.

And to that I would respond, "Fret not, my friend! I have only included photos of the city or the streets of Nassau. No unsaturated oceans in this post!"



Seriously though, real talk for a minute (stay with me Shawner!): there's something about stripping a photo of its color that, in my opinion, really offers the best window into "seeing" the photograph. You're taking away all of the distractions and chaos (very good and beautiful chaos nonetheless) that saturated colors can create and forcing yourself to observe the bones of the image. The composition, the lines, the light, the shadows, the architecture. All of these things are significantly more visible in a shot that lacks color (or is greatly unsaturated).

Yada, yada..

Enjoy the photos- look at them for more than 1 second. See if you can pick up on some of the things I was referring to.

Oh, and stay tuned for COLOR comin' at ya next week. :) 










Have a lovely weekend,
-C.

2 comments:

  1. The last one is my fave. i know we are both a fan of colors (lots of them) but i see what your saying, these are really beautiful.

    ps. real talk: joy the podcast seeps into our everyday lingo. totally bonkers but i kind of love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. I like the first pic and the seventh picturs the best.

    ReplyDelete